You can enable two-factor authentication within your ISMS.online account to improve your login security.
Setting up two-factor authentication
Note: You will need a mobile device to hand to be able to set up two-factor authentication.
- Hover over your name/avatar in the top right of ISMS.online
- Click 'My preferences'
- Click 'Setup 2-factor authentication'
- Follow the steps on screen to complete this. Please ensure to keep your back-up code somewhere you can access without your mobile device (the back-up code is visible in step 3 of the on-screen steps).
If you are an administrator, you can find out more about how to view which users within your organisation have 2FA enabled here.
Removing two-factor authentication
If you have access to your ISMS.online account and would like to remove two-factor authentication for your ISMS.online account:
- Hover over your name/image and click on 'My preferences'
- Click on the 'Disable 2-factor authentication' link
- Enter your ISMS.online password and click on the 'Disable 2-factor authentication' button
If you do not have access to your ISMS.online account and are unable to access your 2FA device, we first suggest that you attempt to log in using your back-up code.
To do this:
- Go to https://platform.isms.online
- Enter your login details and click 'Sign in'
- Enter your backup code in the 'Authentication code:' field and click 'Authenticate'
If you do not have access to your backup code, or are a platform administrator and would like to remove 2-factor authentication for another user, see this guide.