Using Contacts and Contracts within Accounts is a great way to collaborate with your team members around relationships with specific individuals in customer, supplier or partner organisations. You can use the notes area to record interactions and work well together with Documents, Discussions and Tasks.
Create a new contact
Navigate to Accounts and select the Contacts tab as shown above, then click ‘Create new Contact’. Begin inputting contact information into the form shown below.
Using the Notes area to record interactions with your contacts is a great way to ensure your team is always aware of the most recent updates. You can choose which interaction type you’re writing about and then notify team members of it in real time. Many people use contact notes to paste emails for a more efficient audit trail, and even use the area to take notes whilst on a phone call to avoid duplicating work.
Key features of Contracts
- Details are captured in a standard way and displayed within the appropriate account
- Automatically prompt ISMS.online users to undertake contractual reviews or plan for renewals
- Upload supporting documents such as Supplier Questionnaires and information using built in tools
- Manage the performance of the Contracts using KPIs and tasks
- At a glance updates of progress using the notes area
The Contracts area is accessible via the Contracts tab option within each Account. Here you will find a list of all Contracts relating to that account, sorted by their type: Income, Expenditure and Non-Financial. You can also see the total value of all Contracts with that Organisation.
Viewing and Editing Contracts
By clicking on the name of the Contract you will be taken into the details for that Contract. There you can edit the details, upload Documents, set Tasks and collaborate on the management of that Contract.
Creating a new Contract
To create a new Contract, click on the ‘New Contract’ button within the Contracts area of an Account. You’ll be taken to a setup that contains three sections. Basics, Management and Financials (please note the Financials section only appears once the Basics section has been completed).
- Here you can provide a name for your Contract, and if you choose, can give it a brief description. You will need to select a type from the financial type dropdown menu to indicate whether this Contact is; Income, Expenditure or Non-Financial. You can then select the current Status of the Contract (eg: live and ongoing) from the dropdown menu.
- Select a start and end date for your Contract, and assess its importance and risk. You may also wish to select a lead for both yours and the Accounts organisation, and insert the notice period for the Contract.
- Record the total value and further financial details of your Contract, and then click the green Create button.