There are various benefits to being able to add documents straight from your OneDrive or Google Drive. The main one being it allows you to access all of your documents in one place. Adding documents in this way will not show within the exports, as they do when added as linked work. It also doesn't show additional metadata on the file. This feature will likely be useful to users who use a cloud-based system for their documents.
Here's a short video explaining the changes:
How to Use
- To start with, go into any area where you can add a Document, such as an Activity. From Within the Documents section, click 'Add from OneDrive' or "Add from Google Drive".
- You'll then be asked to sign into Microsoft or Google to authenticate your access.
- Your browser may block the sign-in pop-up. The option to unblock the pop-up should look like this but may differ depending on your browser:
- If you're already signed in to Microsoft or Google you won't be asked to sign in.
- Once you have done this once, you won't be asked to do it again if you're already signed in to Microsoft.
- OneDrive, or Google Drive will then display, and you can select a file and click 'Open' to add the document:
- The file will then be added to the Documents area as a link to the OneDrive/SharePoint or Google Drive location. Clicking on the document will open its location in OneDrive or Google Drive.
How to enable Document Integration
If you are interested in having the Documents Integration enabled for your platform then you can do this in one of 2 ways:
- Contact Support via the live chat or email in to email@example.com
- Contact your Customer Success Manager or the Success team as a whole via firstname.lastname@example.org