We are pleased to announce a new integration for ISMS.online.
We have built a Zapier integration to allow customers to automate and integrate even more work into there platform.
This will allow even more organisations working across multiple systems to start to communicating with ISMS.online automatically based on custom "Zaps" you have created within Zapier.
First create a free Zapier account
Head to zapier.com/sign-up. This will allow you to create company account (see here for their plan details). Once the account is made, you may need to approve the other systems you would like to use with Zapier and ISMS.online with your IT manager.
We have a video here from the early beta stages that goes through the process.
Create a test track within ISMS.online
Once the Zapier integration is enabled for your ISMS.online environment.
- Create a new Track to test Zapier with
- Go to the Settings of that Track
- You will see a new section for cloud integrations, please tick the boxes of the users that should be able to create and use zaps in this Track:
- Once you click on edit, you'll have a list of everyone that has access to this track (If they are not available here, then you'll need to add them to the Teams of the track)
Once you have selected the people you want to have access from the list, it'll show on the overview:
- The next thing should be the first section of your guide, this is usually a set of steps someone needs to follow to achieve the goal of this guide.
Create your first Zap
Once you login to Zapier, you'll be greeted with their dashboard, where you can quickly set up a Zap.
- Choose which connected app would you like to trigger a Zap.
- Select ISMS.online here, you will always have the most recent version.
- Select what action from the app would be set up as the trigger for the Zap.
- Select what function you'd like the action to do.
Alternatively you create a Zap from within the Zaps tab:
Click into Zaps, then the blue 'Create Zap' button
Setting up Your Trigger
1. Here we will set what app we will use to trigger the Zap
2. After you have selected your item, you can then set the event to trigger the zap.
The events available will vary based on the item you've chosen. For this one we have selected 'New Row.'
3. Next we are asked to authenticate with an account - this might auto fill if you are already logged in.
4. Once you have authenticated with the app we will move on to setting the trigger details, in this case which spreadsheet to act as the trigger.
Once the fields are filled in, it might be worth clicking Refresh Fields, just to ensure everything is filled in.
5. After we click continue it will come to the test trigger option, where it will do a test run of the Zap, without doing anything within the track.
6. If all things work correctly it will look something like this:
Finally we can click continue to complete setting up the trigger.
We have a video that outlines how to create your first zap that we have linked for you here.
Setting up an Action
Now we have set up the Trigger, we set up the instruction
1. First we need to look for ISMS - you should only have one entry, if you have more then one, then you should pick the highest version number as that will be the latest release.
2. Then we start to select an event for the action.
At this time the only action available will be to create a Track item
3. After that you'll be asked to select your account
You'll have a pop up window asking you to pick your region, and to sign in with your account.
If you are using Single Sign On, then you'll need to change where it says Platform.isms to your own subdomain.
If you don't then you can leave it as platform.isms.online, and just select your region -
Platform.r2.isms.online - Australia / New Zealand and the APAC region
Platform.r3.isms.online - The Americas
If you are unsure please check the URL of your platform.
Once you've done that you can select continue
4. Next we set out the detail that will go into the track item:
First off we have to select the track - this will show any track that has been allowed to access Zapier:
We are using the Security Incident Management track for this guide.
If the track you are expecting to see is not there, please go to there and check the Cloud Integrations setting has been enabled for your account.
4.2 Next we select the Name and Description that will be filled in during the zap
Here we will pick the as the first column of the spreadsheet for the Name, and the second column for the Description
We could also select the default assignee here, as well as any categories to assign it.
Once we are happy with that we can click on Continue to go to the next step.
5. Like with the Trigger, we now test the Action
A successful test will look like this:
6. Once you are happy with the setup you can click the Publish Zap button.
Until you publish a Zap, it won't continue firing, so you can create as many test items as you'd like.
We have a video going over this from the beta available here.
Creating and Customising a Track
Administering categories within Tracks
Please contact us via email@example.com or our live chat, if you have any questions.